Friday, July 14, 2017

Art Journal Page 160

Hi everyone!

Today's post is all about yet another journal page LOL.

I used my favourite colours today in this page - shades of blue! Also a bit of brown and gold! Love this combination! Not only did I use my favourite colours, but I added one of my most favourite creatures - a butterfly! Could it get any better? LOL

So I started out with adding some different sized dots with some masking fluid. I love this product! It's an awesome way to protect an area of your page while continuing adding colour and depth.

I wanted some old with some new today and that's why I chose some old book pages to start off the page. They seemed to be a bit out of place once I started adding all the shades of blue sprays, but in the end it worked out nicely I thought!

Lots of yummy sprays (who else has so many issues with the spray bottles clogging?).

To brighten the page up a bit I thought some white embossing powder would do the trick, and it did! I love how the white looked!

You can watch the process video on YouTube by clicking HERE.

Products used:

Liquitex Professional gesso
Winsor & Newton Art Masking Fluid
Old book page
Tim Holtz distress stain in "vintage photo"
Heidi Swapp "gold" Color Shine
Chromacryl Gel Medium
KaiserCraft "botanical" stamp set
Manganese blue archival ink by Ranger
Denim Color Wash spray by Adirondack
Summer Sky irRESISTible spray by Imagine Crafts (this is so textural!)
Sailbot blue Color Wash by Adirondack
Baby blue eyes starburst spray by Lindys Stamp Gang
Calypso teal ink spray by Dylusions
Stitched Circles stamp by Mixed Media Store (Mimi Bondi)
White embossing powder by Ranger
Butterfly stamp & die set by ARTc
Cobalt blue archival ink by Ranger
Blue violet archival ink by Ranger
Ranger "queen's gold" embossing powder
Ranger clear Emboss It pen
Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous "shabby french" stamp set
KaiserCraft "English Rose Collection" stamp set
Ranger Emboss It embossing ink dabber
Deep Indigo Inktense pencil





















Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Smiles
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment