Monday, February 11, 2013

Sophistication Baby Mini Album Using G45 Little Darlings

Has it really been a month since my last post? That's almost as long as I've been sick :(

I made this mini album while being sick as it was for my niece's baby shower gift and needed to be started and finished!

I'm not that happy with it - only because it's so "clean" looking. I had one 12x12 and one 8x8 pad of the Graphic 45's "Little Diary" paper line. Also because the baby is supposed to be a boy, I could only use the "boy" papers in each. There are not a lot of pages in these pads so I was very restricted, and I had no other paper line that would have matched the "Little Diary" either. So, had to beg, scrape and do what I could to fill it.

I am currently making a slideshow of this album and posting it on my YouTube channel soon.

I used Kathy Orta's (PaperPhenomenon) "Sophistication" album instructions for this album - I do not think it should be called a mini album it's so big. Anyway, here it is:

Front of album with closure

Close-up of front - the papers say it all!

Used flat backed beads & lace on album cover

Perfect sentiment for this album

Some charms I had in my stash added to silver chain

Lace, TH ideology clock, velum tag & baby tag from paper line

Spine is wrapped with white ribbon between each page section

Ribbons attached by tying

Simple tag inserts

Plenty of space for photos

Only addition to cream page is strip of paper on left

Pocket page on left & plain page on right, then tag pockets

Used some journal tags from stash

4 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful. Keeping it "clean" is wonderful. If your niece is not a scrapper she will appreciate it and if she is into paper crafting she will jazz it up herself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks May, that's the way I had to look at it. She's not a scrapbooker (yet) LOL, and she did looked stunned by it (in a good way, I think LOL).
      Smiles
      Jen

      Delete
  2. Very pretty Jen!! I am sure your niece loved it!

    ReplyDelete