Monday, April 23, 2012
The pic below is of the finished chest of drawers, however I need to complete the mini album that sits in the top box section of the chest, along with making a few items to sit in the side shelves.
I'm thinking of using it as a storage chest for my stick pins, so am thinking of making a couple of stick pin cushions to showcase any I make, and the drawers used to hold the naked stick pins. Thinking about it anyway - not fully convinced yet LOL.
Anyway, there were too many photos to post here on my blog so I've uploaded a slideshow of the process to YouTube and you can view the slideshow video here.
I've currently been enjoying participating in and watching (LaurelfromNJ) Laurel's Swap Sister Box Round 2 streams on each Secret Sister (SS) opening their box of goodies.
My SS was MsDebren (Debra) and Deb has already received my box to her. I was so lucky in that Deb is my crafting soul sister - we both have very similar styles in our craft.
As soon as a box is received, the word gets spread via twitter and we all head over to the current SS's Ustream channel to watch her open it. So much fun!
Anyway, some of the girls have not streamed before, so need to set up their web cams and computers ready for the stream. This is hard when you haven't done it before but we all help to make it as easy as possible for each "new" streamer. Having said that -- this doesn't even go close to the nerves we all feel when we do our first stream, so it's a very daunting and emotional time for the SS.
So I decided to put together a 'New Ustream Broadcast User Guide' to help anyone who has never streamed before, to test it out. I hope this helps and doesn't confuse you even more so!
Please let me know if you need any more clarification or if you have any problems that may need to be added to the user guide. Please note that this is a rough first draft and I will be editing it to make it more user friendly at times, so please bear with me.
Ustream User Help Guide
Monday, April 2, 2012
My first task was to create two 12" x 12" layouts using the KaiserCraft Fine and Sunny paper collection. I was given five design papers from the collection, one blue and one yellow 12x12 cardstock, a pack of ribbons and a pack of die cuts - all from the Fine and Sunny Collection. The following layouts are what I came up with.
Layout 1 - Fun in the Sun
- Background paper "Cloudy"
- Various die cut shapes from the "Fine and Sunny" Collection
- Yellow strip along side behind blue water pics was the reverse side of the Avenue paper cut to 1 x 12" strip, then punched the edge using Fiskars border punch Scallop Sentiment
- Foundations blue cardstock for photo mats cut at 6 3/4" x 4 3/4"
- Foundations yellow cardstock for photo mats cut at 6 1/4" x 4 1/4"
- Rainbow paper for photo mat cut at 6 1/2" x 4 1/2"
- Reverse side of Avenue paper (yellow) cut at 6 1/2" x 4 1/2"
- The blue water strip along left side of page were two photos taken of the water in the pool, these were cut using Fiskars border punch Scallop Sentiment, then cut down to 2/3/4"
- Adhesives used - Acid Free ATG double sided tape, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, PaperCraft double sided adhesive foam dots
- Strip of flowers at bottom of layout was the reversed bottom of paper details on the "Cloudy" paper
The photo was adhered to yellow cardstock, then to patterned paper, then to scallop punched blue cardstock.
Yellow strip was adhered first, then blue water photos.
Flower strip was adhered to the bottom of the layout.
Alpha stickers were adhered to die cut shapes and adhered to layout.
Birdhouse and rainbow with clouds were both adhered flat using Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive.
All other die cuts were adhered using PaperCraft double sided adhesive foam dots.
Layout 2 - “Through the Eyes of a Child"
- Background paper "Chirp"
- Various die cut shapes from the Fine and Sunny Collection
- Foundations blue and yellow cardstock for photo mat (blue cut at 5 x 7", yellow cut at 4 1/2 x 3" and 4 1/2 x 2 3/4")
- Reverse side of Raindrops paper strip cut at 12 x 4 1/8"
- Sun strip below orange paper was reverse bottom of the detail strip on the Raindrops paper
- Flower ribbon cut at 14" strip placed below sun strip and wrapped around background paper
- Flower strip at bottom of page was from the Alpha Sticker sheet
The orange paper was adhered first, then the sun strip, then flower ribbon.
The photo was matted, then adhered over top of strips, then the flower stickers were adhered to the bottom of the page.
Journalling die cut was then adhered flat using ATG tape, then die cut flowers adhered using PaperCraft double sided adhesive foam dots.
Tree was adhered flat using Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive.
Houses and bird were adhered using PaperCraft double sided adhesive foam dots.
Alpha stickers were then adhered.
Finally, corner die cuts were placed at left and right top of photo.