Saturday, October 8, 2011

Tag Book

This is a book of 10 tags which have been stamped only on the front. I've distressed the back with Vintage Photo distress ink and stamped journalling lines using a See D's rubber cling stamp.

I've used chipboard for the front and back covers, covered in designer paper (sorry, cannot remember name) then proceeded to embellish the front cover.

I cut some tags, inked them up, stamped on them and stacked them together at the top of the book. I used a Tim Holtz Word Tag "Artful" and a Tim Holtz Philosophy Tag "Play" and attached them with a Tim Holtz ball chain.

I then punched out "tag it" using a Sizzix die "Ransom" alphabet and heat embossed them using Versamark and Black embossing powder.

I then attached a piece of Tim Holtz Tissue Tape to the back of a fragment piece, added some string and attached it to the bottom of the book.

Added some fibres, set the eyelets and the book is finished and ready for the recipient (yes, it's going to a friend) to have fun making the tags.








2 comments:

  1. Lovely use of the fragment--just bought some and will use the idea. Like the idea of a tag size book especially keeping the backs uniformly for journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary I just love this idea. It's great to also use it for tags we receive from other crafters to store them in.
    This was made as a gift for an online friend, and I usually make a mess of the back side of the tag when I'm working on them so I decided to just distress ink the back and put the journalling lines on for her, but if she didn't want them she could cover it and embellish her own way.
    I thought this was a great way to add some stamped images to tags that she may not have - instead of just on white cardstock.
    Thanks again for all your comments.
    Smiles
    Jen

    ReplyDelete