Friday, March 18, 2011

Tag Time #6 - Vintage Grunge Tag

I made a tag in a vintage/grunge style using lots of distress inks, alcohol inks, lots of stamps, lace, charms and a fabric flower.

I first distressed the #8 shipping tag using distress inks, then stamped using a clear script stamp (sorry, don't know where this one came from - I've had it for ages and do not have the packaging).

I then stamped various gears, cogs, vintage lady, fob watch, leaves and heat embossed a butterfly.

I then adhered a rose charm using a small section of chain which I adhered to the tag using Glossy Accents.

I took a silver metal flower and alcohol inked it using aqua, stream and black inks, placing a clear rhinestone in the centre and covering it with black alcohol ink and then topped it with a clear rhinestone. I then adhered it to the tag using glossy accents (I had to adhere it with hot glue as I was too impatient for the glossy accents to dry).

I cut the word "friends" using the Doodletype Cricut cartridge, cutting the word four times and stacked each of the four letters on top of each other creating a faux chipboard letter. I did this to all the letters of the word "friend".

I took a postcard piece of Graphic 45 "On the boardwalk" paper, grunged it using vintage photo distress ink, then distressed the edges using a distressing tool and inked it over with walnut distress ink. I rolled one corner section, then adhered the word "friends" to the postcard and adhered it to the tag.
I adhered the word "friends" to the postcard and attached it all to the tag.

I adhered a black feather to the tag, then adhered a fabric flower over the bottom of the feather.
I also placed some black Rhinestone flourishes (Passionate from Francheville) randomly over the tag below and above the postcard.

Once all items were attached I then cut a piece of cardboard to size, covered it using Stampin' Up!'s "Newsprint" designer paper, grunged it up using vintage photo distress ink and walnut stain distress ink. Adhered it to the back of the tag using my ATG.

Attached an eyelet, threaded through some fibres and a string of leather. Then took a Tim Holtz trinket pin and attached a bead charm made specifically for the tag.
This tag took me a few hours one day, then a few more hours the next day to complete. There were a lot of fiddly time consuming tasks involved with this tag - but I loved making it!!!
I have uploaded a video - well, there are two parts to the video - you wouldn't expect any less would you? It is me - the queen of the mini series LOL.

Let me know what you think.









3 comments:

  1. I love your tag! I watch you on YouTube and enjoy your vids! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete