Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Technostamper Sketch Challenge #167

Well, it seems since I started using my blog the way it was meant to be I have been obsessed with updating it with challenges LOL. Well, that's a little white lie - Michelle (bohemiangypsy99 on YouTube) has really got me hooked on sketch challenges. We were skyping this afternoon while I was attempting to create this TechnoStamper challenge before we were so rudely interrupted by a storm!!!!

Anyway, I eventually finished the card sketch and so here it is!




The card base is a standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 size and I used a pretty pale lilac shade here. 1/4 inch down in size for the mat I used a deep purple shade of cardstock. The same two colours are used for the scalloped circles as well as a circle in a cream colour cardstock, on which I stamped using a fairy sitting on the moon stamp from the "Fairyland" clear stamp set from Crafty Secrets. I coloured the image using my Copic Sketch Markers (not real clever at using these just yet - I will learn no doubt). I also heat embossed the moon and stars of the stamped image using "Queen's Gold" emossing powder by Ranger. I also stamped the word "Dream" from the same stamp set by Crafty Secrets on the deep purple mat. The rectangle piece is a gold coloured cardstock which I dry embossed using the "Swiss Dots" embossing folder by Provo Craft (Cuttlebug). And finally, tied it all together with a sheer cream coloured ribbon & bow.





3 comments:

  1. Well it turned out beautifully Jen. Gorgeous purple colour. Love the image *grins*. I suppose I better put mine up hey?
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Bohemian Gypsy
    Yeah, wasn't too bad I guess. Not happy with the photos of it though - Need better lighting or a better camera that's for sure.
    hmmm...yes...waiting for your entry up now hehehe
    Smiles
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, that sweet fairy is just precious! I love the whole thing, thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete