- Cut a piece of Aluminium Stucco sheet to an ATC size of 2.5" x 3.5"
- Using various pinks, purples and brown colours in the alcohol inks, along with some blending solution, coloured the metal piece with the ink applicator
- Coloured the butterfly charm using purple, pink, gold & black alcohol inks (using a paint brush)
- Took a piece of thin metal cut to a circle, punched a hole and coloured it using gold mixative, silver mixative and black alcohol ink, punched the letter A into the metal, painted the black alcohol ink into the A groove
- Took an angel silver charm and coloured it with alcohol inks in bronze & gold mixative alcohol inks, coloured the hair using a paint brush dipped in black alcohol ink, coloured the dress in Cranberry alcohol ink
- Punched a hole in the corner of the metal ATC and attached a silver chain mixed in copper mixative, added jump rings attaching the circle and the butterfly.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Monday, February 21, 2011
Here's the sketch...
- black cardstock for card base, cream cardstock for background
- Provo Craft "Clockworks" embossing folder on the cream background
- Tim Holtz distress inks in Walnut Stain, Rusty Hinge & Black Soot on the hinge and embossed background
- Black rhinestone by Kaiser
- Inkssentials Glossy Accents to adhere the hinge & chipboard letters
- Black UTEE on the chipboard letters
- Black embossing powder on the 3x4.5" piece of acetate
- Tim Holtz mini attacher & staples to attach the acetate to background cardstock
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
So, once again, I'm following Kathy's USTREAM video - this time on her Advent Calendar project. It's a great project to make and give to the grandkids for their Christmas countdown. I'll have to make two of them so I thought I'd start now and maybe finish both before December 2011!
I've made all the boxes, adhered all the boxes together, added the centre image, added ribbon, lace & beads on the sides & edges, and covered & attached the backboard.
All that's left to do is embellish the centrepiece and add the numbers. Then attach a hanger.
OK, I'm sooooo excited! I've just ordered a new scrapping item which will help me finish this project - I'll leave you hanging until I receive it on Saturday :)
Without ribbon and bead edging
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Hi! Since I found Kathy on YouTube and USTREAM I've become addicted to her creative projects. The current project is a paper bag mini album (with a difference!). I've never seen a paper bag mini put together like this so I just had to make it! Not only does Kathy show us how to make the album, she also shows us the embellishing process too.
I really wanted to make the black paper bag mini album using the Tim Holtz Lost & Found paper collection, but I am unable to get the black paper bags anywhere here in Australia. So...I opted to go with the plain brown paper bags, using the K & Company Wild Saffron paper collection.
Well, the mini's not finished yet but I thought I'd show what I've done up to now. Let me know what you think :)
Pages 8 & 9
This is a wallet-type pocket/tag holder which Kathy (kathyorta - Paper Phenomenon) created during her paper bag mini series of videos on YouTube.
This is one of the pockets she also created which can be used to hold tags and place photos & embellishments.
This is the holder opened up - really holds a lot of pockets.
Another view of the inside
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
OMG! There just never seems to be enough time to craft!! With soooooo many artists out there providing us with soooooo many different ideas and projects!
I've just found Kathy from Paper Phenomenon and OMG how good is she!!! Thank you Michelle (BohemianGypsy99 on YouTube) for telling me about Kathy. I've been so busy creating that I've done nothing else lately LOL. You guys should go check her out - her YouTube name is kathyorta.
You might also know, if you subscribe (and watch) my YouTube videos, that I'm into art journalling now - yes! Although, thanks to Paper Phenomenon, Following the Paper Trail (Laura Denison), and many others, I'm still scrappin'! I saw a video by Paula Phillips (JournalArtista) with her Art from the Couch series, and I became addicted! Paula began streaming her art through USTREAM and this resulted in the start of my first art journal. So thank you, Paula :)
Paula also introduced me to a few other artists to which I subscribe on USTREAM and learn so much. These people are Dede (Inkwell), Ky (Scrapacat) and Kerri (ikerrilove). These are the ladies I get so much of my inspiration from. So a BIG THANK YOU to all you ladies for being enablers :)
So if you're looking for something other than watching hauls and watching videos of "completed projects" pleeeeeeeaaaaaase check out the ladies I mentioned here. There's nothing more disappointing than watching a video of a completed project rather than watching the process. That's why I show the videos of the process, rather than the completed project. I know there are many artists out there who don't like looking at the process videos, but there are others who appreciate the process - it's how I learned the little that I know.
Okay, it's now time to go do some crafting :)
It's been soooooooo long since I posted anything here on my blog. When I first created my blog it was because I needed one in order to join a scrapbooking community. I didn't really know what a blog was, let alone how to use it. I've since surfed many blog sites and realised (yes, it does take me a while to get it) how and why they are used.
What I found is that they are used for many, many different reasons. Some of which are:
- let everyone know what you're doing at the moment
- show pictures and videos of your work
- let people know who you follow
- let people know about all the creative people out there by showing links
- have an area to store your template files for sharing with others
So having said that, it's long overdue that I update my blog LOL. I'm going to attempt to update it regularly and be more interactive, adding photos of and instructions to my work which I show on YouTube. So you'll probably get an overload of info in the next couple of days.